The University of Florida Pediatric Gastroenterology Division provides significant opportunities for further education through the use of regularly scheduled conferences and lectures.
- Core Curriculum / Journal Club– Covers the essential subject material of Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology & Nutrition, with aim to prepare for board readiness. Every Thursday at 3:00pm
- Pediatric Fellows Research Conference– Fellows give a presentation on their research project, followed by discussion with Pediatric residents, faculty, other fellows, and medical students. Every Wednesday at 8:00 am
- Pathology Conference– Collaborative viewing and discussion of histological findings with the GI Pathology Department. Every Thursday at 2:30 pm
- Pediatric Grand Rounds– Weekly departmental lecture covering all aspects of pediatrics that is presented by University of Florida and visiting faculty. Every Thursday at 8:00 am
- Surgery Conference– Annual conference with the Pediatric Surgery Department to review and discuss gastrointestinal surgeries and complications
- Radiology Conference– Semi-Annual educational review of unique and complex radiological images with the pediatric radiologist.
- Quality Improvement Conference– Annual presentation given by the second year fellow who is charged with identification of an area in need of improvement and implementation of corrective action under the supervision of the pediatric gastroenterology team.
- Morbidity and Mortality Conference– Annual presentation given by the first year fellow covering a pertinent case seen by that fellow during the year.