First Year Pediatric Gastroenterology Fellow
(352) 273-9350 (phone)
(352) 294-8062 (fax)
Dr. Mathews completed her medical school training at Northeast Ohio Medical University. Her pediatrics residency training was completed at Akron Children’s Hospital, in Ohio. She is joining us this year as a first year pediatric gastroenterology fellow at the University of Florida.
- Mansel KO, Chen SW, Mathews AA, Gothard MD, Bigham MT. Here and Gone: Rapid Transfer From the General Care Floor to the PICU. Hosp Pediatr. 2018 Sep;8(9):524-529. doi: 10.1542/hpeds.2017-0151. Epub 2018 Aug 7. PMID: 30087098.
- Arnold B.S., Mathews A.A., Garcia-Naviero R, Wyneski W, Kassabian S, Ponsky T. (October, 2016). The Benefit of Temporary Gastric Electrical Stimulator to Anticipate Response in Pediatric Patients with Treatment Refractory Gastroparesis. Poster presented at: North American Society for Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition; Montreal, QC, CAN.
- Mathews A.A., Garcia-Naveiro R, Arnold B.S., Ponsky T. (October, 2017). Case series: Successful Treatment of Gastroparesis with Gastric Electrical Stimulator in Cystic Fibrosis Patients. Poster presented at: North American Society for Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition; Las Vegas, NV, USA
- Mathews A.A., Mansel K.O., Chen S.W., & Bigham M.T. (October, 2016). Oops: Rapid Deterioration of the Transport Patient Admitted to the General Care Floor. Poster presented at: AAP Nation Conference and Exhibition; San Francisco, CA, USA.
- Mathews A.A., Mansel K.O., Chen S.W., & Bigham M.T. (July, 2016). Can Situation Awareness Reduce Unrecognized Clinical Deterioration on the Pediatric General Care Floor? Poster presented at: Pediatric Hospital Medicine Conference; Chicago, IL, USA.