- Inpatient service is covered Monday through Friday by the first year fellow from July-March and May-June. The month of April is covered by the third-year fellow.
- Weekends are cover by the fellow/ faculty assigned to call for that weekend.
- The inpatient service covers all patients admitted to the floor under the pediatric GI service, as well as all consults requested by the other specialties, including the NICU, PICU and Emergency Department. In addition to any procedures performed on said patients.
- Continuity Clinic is 1:00pm to 5:00pm every Wednesday, with the exception of holidays.
- The first year fellow participates in all inpatient procedures.
- Outpatient procedures are performed at the Shands Children’s Surgical Center
- 1st Year: Every other Thursday AM (1st and 3rd), Every other Tuesday AM (1st and 3rd)
- 2nd Year: Every other Thursday AM(2nd and 4th)
- 3rd Year: Every other Friday PM (1st and 3rd)
- New Innovations is used for logging work hours
- If records are not logged by the end of the week, the fellow(s) will be electronically contacted by New Innovations, with additional follow-up from the Program Assistant and/or Program Director
- If work hours are violated, the fellow will be contact by the Program Assistant and/or Program Director
- Currently, moonlighting is not allowed.