Applying for Fellowship
The University of Florida Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology, and Nutrition program participate in both the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS) and the National Resident Matching Program (NRMP) for the selection of all of its fellowship participants. Applications are accepted from July through September for positions that begin on July 8th of the following academic year and must be submitted through ERAS.
Applications must include:
- Medical School Transcript
- Medical Student Performance Evaluation (Dean’s Letter)
- Scores from all three (3) steps of either the United States Medical Licensing Examination (USMLE) or the Comprehensive Osteopathic Medical Licensing Examination (COMLEX)
- A personal statement.
- Three (3) letters of reference
- All applicants must have successfully completed a US Residency Program.
International Medical Graduates are accepted and welcome to apply, however, we will only sponsor a J-1 Visa.
All completed applications are reviewed by the program director for interview selection. Interviews are conducted from July through November. Applicants who are selected for interviews are scheduled to meet with attending faculty members, Division Chairman, and the Fellowship Program Director. Applicants are also given a tour of the UF Health Shands Children’s Hospital, outpatient clinic, and meet with current fellows, nursing staff, and administration staff. Once all of the interviews are conducted, the group establishes a ranking list to submitted to NRMP. (see update to virtual recruitment for 2022 cycle below)
If you have any additional questions regarding the process please contact: The Program Director and Coordinator
Fellowship Application Timeline
|May 31, 2023||ERAS 2023 season ends at 5 p.m. ET.|
|June 7, 2023||ERAS 2024 season begins at 9 a.m. ET.|
|June 8, 2023||EFDO will release tokens to fellowship applicants.|
|July 5, 2023||July cycle fellowship applicants may begin submitting applications to programs at 9 a.m. ET.|
|July 19, 2023||July cycle fellowship programs may begin reviewing applications at 9 a.m. ET.|
|Nov 15, 2023||December cycle fellowship applicants may begin submitting applications to programs at 9 a.m. ET.|
|Dec 6, 2023||December cycle fellowship programs may begin reviewing applications at 9 a.m. ET.|
|May 31, 2024||ERAS 2024 season ends at 5 p.m. ET.|
Recruitment for the 2022 Pediatric Fellowship Application Cycle
The UF Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology, and Nutrition Fellowship Program is aware of the challenges that have and will continue to arise for the upcoming interview season. As an institution, under the leadership of our Graduate Medical Education (GME) office, it has been decided that all residency and fellowship programs based at UF Gainesville will only be offering virtual interviews this year. As our local situation evolves and additional recommendations are made, we will update this site with information regarding application requirements, interview dates, and whether opportunities will exist for in-person second looks. We look forward to engaging with applicants in a safe and meaningful way and embracing creative approaches to introduce applicants to the UF Division of Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology, and Nutrition, our fellowship program, and the beautiful Gainesville community.
Salary & Benefits
|Level||Annual Salary||Biweekly Rate|
- $10,000 AD&D insurance for employee
- Long-term disability insurance for employee
- Professional liability insurance for employee
- $50,000 group term life insurance for employee
- Health insurance coverage for employee and/or family
- On-site healthcare
- 7.5 percent pre-tax dollars per pay period automatically drafted into an investment account in your name
Discounts and Perks
- Flexible paternity/maternity leave
- 15 paid vacation days per year
- 10 paid sick leave days per year
- 17 paid military duty days per year
- Holiday leave as allotted by schedule
For additional Benefits and Leave information please see the Condition of Employment.