Applying for Fellowship
The University of Florida Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition program has one incoming first year fellowship position per academic year and participates in both the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS) and the National Resident Matching Program (NRMP) for the selection of all of its fellowship participants. Applications are accepted from July 1st through September 1st for positions that begin on July 1st of the following academic year and must be submitted through ERAS.
Applications must include:
- Medical School Transcript
- Medical Student Performance Evaluation (Dean’s Letter)
- All American Board of Pediatric In-Training Exam (ABPITE) scores
- Scores from all three (3) steps of either the United States Medical Licensing Examination (USMLE) or the Comprehensive Osteopathic Medical Licensing Examination (COMLEX)
- A personal statement.
- Three (3) letters of reference
- All applicants must have successfully completed a US Residency Program.
International Medical Graduates are accepted and welcome to apply. However, we will only sponsor a J-1 Visa.
All completed applications are reviewed by the program director for interview selection. Interviews are conducted from July 1st through November 1st. Applicants who are selected for interview are scheduled to meet with attending faculty members, division chairman and the fellowship program director, are given a tour of the University of Florida Health Shands Children’s Hospital and outpatient clinic, and meet with current fellows, nursing staff, and administration staff. Once all of the interviews are conducted, the group establishes a ranking list to submitted to NRMP.
If you have any additional questions regarding the process please contact: The Program Director and Coordinator